Friday, April 8, 2011

The easiest Pot Roast Ever and my kids just LOVE it!

Sometimes it's hard for busy moms to whip up a really good dinner for their family, whether they work outside the home, are stay at home moms or work at home moms.  I have come to rely on my crock-pots like you wouldn't believe!

I have a Pot Roast recipe that is for the crock pot and the first time I made it, my kids ate every single bite.  They are picky sometimes and when I make a traditional roast with the potatoes, carrots, onions and all that they do not like it.  Give it a try!  I use my large crock pot for the roast, then my smaller crock pot for my veggies and then I do cheat and use instant mashed potatoes but you can pre-make your potatoes and put them in a crock-pot, too.

So anyway - here's what you'll need:

1 2-3 pound rump roast (or the roast of your choice)
1/2 cup of flour
2 cans of Beefy Mushroom soup (I only use Campbell's brand)


Coat your roast with the flour and then put the roast into your crock-pot..  Pour the Beefy Mushroom soup over your roast and then fill one of the cans almost to the top with water and pour that on the roast.  Put the lid on and cook on low for about 6 hours or cook on high for about 4.  Myself, I usually start the roast out on high about noon and then about 3pm I turn it down to low and we eat about 6pm.  My kids usually want corn and mashed potatoes with it.

This roast is enough to serve my family of 6 with left overs for hot beef sandwiches for another meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment